What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our blog, website, or app? When ordering or registering on our website or mobile application, as appropriate, you are requested to enter your,
Or other details to help you with your experience.
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit card information
- Pet Profile
When do we collect information? We collect information from you when you,
- Register on our Website,
- Register on our Mobile application,
- Place an order,
- Subscribe to a newsletter,
- Respond to a survey,
- Fill out a form,
- Use Live Chat,
- Open a Support Ticket
- or enter information on our Website or Mobile application.
How do we use your information? We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website/app, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings you are most interested in.
- To improve our website/app to serve you better.
- To enable us to serve you better by responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site/app feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information? Our website/app is monitored regularly for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We perform regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks. It is only accessible by a limited number of professionals who have special access rights to such systems and must keep the information confidential. Besides, all sensitive/credit information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement various security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain your personal information’s safety. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
If users disable cookies in their browser: If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Third-party disclosure We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, we may provide non-personally identifiable visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third-party links This link will bring you to a third party Website/App, owned and operated by an independent party over which Nimble has no control (“3rd Party Website/App”). Any link you click or visit from the 3rd Party Website/App will be at your own risk. Any use of the 3rd Party Website/App will be subject to any information you provide will be governed by the terms of the 3rd Party Website, including those relating to confidentiality, data privacy, and security. Unless explicitly agreed in writing, Nimble Wireless and its affiliates (collectively “Nimble”) are not in any way associated with the owner or operator of the 3rd Party Website/App or responsible or liable for the goods and services offered by them or for anything in connection with such 3rd Party Website/App. Nimble does not endorse or approve and makes no warranties, representations, or undertakings relating to the 3rd Party Website/App’s content.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals? We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) When it comes to collecting personal information from children under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. And we do not let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-in’s, collect PII from children under 13
Fair Information Practices The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States. The concepts they include have played a significant role in developing data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires that individuals have enforceable rights against data users and that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN-SPAM Act The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out severe penalties for violations.
We collect your email address to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and other requests or questions
- Process orders and send information and updates on orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and service
- Aggregate to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third-party companies, organizations, or individuals outside of our company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to our company’s rights, property, or safety, our users, clients, or the public as required or permitted by law.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, And we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.